Tuesday 27 November 2007

The past week or so has been fantastic...and more is yet to come!

A little explanation of why I am so damn hyper at the moment!

Wednesday 21st
Given, my Mum and Brother did forget to get me from college, which pissed me off a little bit....However, what made that day AWESOME was the fact that Ruben (my lovely new nephew) was born! Also had a pretty good time at climbing, greatly enjoyed watching two of the people I know there have it out with eachother about whether BMXing or Track Cycling is more for pussies. Lol.

Thursday 22nd
Woke up all excited at the prospect of meeting little Ruben which put me in a Great mood for college. Took my camera in and got some truly fun pictures of all my crazy friends, especially Alfie who made an excellent ninja/spy/lion =]
Went to TKMaxx with dearest Ella after college for chats and dress shopping for the Christmas Ball. Didn't manage to get anything myself, but in a way I'm glad because it gives me an excellent excuse to be girly again... something I am getting fonder of as the days go by!
So a note to anyone else looking for a dress at the moment: I'm probably free!
Whizzed home from TKMaxx and went straight to St Marys, all hyper 'n' stuff. Got there around 6:45 and I believe my words when entering the teeny curtained off bit were 'AAAAWWWWWWWWWWW, WOW!'...fairly quietly mind, he was only a day old. I think we left at about 7:45 but I didn't stop thinking about him for aaages... wouldn't shut up the next day at college! Apologies to anyone I annoyed with my 'D'y'wannaseeapictureofmynephew?!!' stuff.
=D

Friday 23rd
This day was excellent primarily because I couldn't get Ruben out of my head, he is so unbelievabley cute.
Anyway, this was not all that brightened up my Friday!
Had one of the best sessions I've had at climbing for ages which was made even better by a girl I haven't seen for about 8 months turning up and saying she's back until April! This girl is called Alex, about 23 years old and seriously one of the friendliest people you could meet. Before she left (to go to Alaska to study some birds and stuff) we were at a really similar ability at climbing and could always encourage eachother really well, so I'm very much looking forward to having her back and getting some properly decent climbing done finally!

Saturday 24th
As usual I spent Saturday with my lovely Dad =]
He's a bit great.
We went and got my moped all sorted out after its really rather traumatic start to the week then went to Sainsbury's where I bought a whole bunch of chocolate! Wahoo =P
After coming home from Dad's, I had a quick blast on MySpace and then the wonderful giggle pot that is KATHERINE LEADBETTER came round for a girly sleepover.
It was faaaantastic.
Chocolate, wombats, hot teaspoon, rownies, port & lemon, more chocolate, singstar and a nice big serving of Fortune Drive. Enough said.

Sunday 25th
WOKE UP NEXT TO KATHERINE, SCORE.
lolzorz.
I had a bit of a pampering session on Sunday morning...needed it! Felt soooo much better afterwards =P
Then, you'll never guess who I went to visit. Here are some clues: he's not even a week old and his name sounds like n00b-en! That's right! RUBEN! Also got to see my wonderful 9 year old nephew Oscar who is apparently 'always asking after Sophie'! Yaaaaaaay. I've decided to take him to see 'The Golden Compass' as a reward for being cute to his Auntie, haha.
Sunday was nice =]

Monday 26th This one was the most exciting...]
Kinda boring morning at college BUT I got to leave at one so I could go to London to see QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, supported by THE EIGHTIES MATCHBOX B-LINE DISASTER!!!!!! Weeee!
Queens of the Stone Age have been my favourite band for quite some time now and Eighties Matchbox are in my top 5 so, as you can imagine, I WAS VERY EXCITABLE. Not to mention, it was at Brixton Academy...the best venue in the country!
Was at the front, jammed against the barrier (which I now have quite impressive bruises from!), screaming the words as best as I could for the whole of both sets. Eighties Matchbox aren't very well known but my god, do they put on a good show!? Went to see them at the Wedgewood Rooms about a month ago but the sound quality wasn't up to much and the band did try their best but obviously it's a bit difficult to get a crowd Really going when they can't hear the words properly. The 25 minute set they played at Brixton was better than the whole Wedge gig. The singer, Guy McKnight, is such a great showman... got in the crowd, let everyone grab at him, even got his sparkley scarf tangled up in his mic lead hahaha. So yeah, I was very impressed with them. Can't wait to see them again.
& Well, Queens of Stone Age.... What can I say?!! I love those guys so very much.
Started with Sick, Sick, Sick (from Era Vulgaris, one hell of a sexy song) and went on to play literally all their best songs... Do it Again, Hangin' Tree, Little Sister, Burn the Witch, No One Knows, Go With the Flow, 3's and 7's, Battery Acid, Misfit Love etc! I was ecstatic for every second of it, my throat tasted like blood afterwards and everything.
It was such a memorable gig... and the best part is that I'm seeing them again in February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAY!!!!! Cannot bleedin' wait.

Tuesday 27th
Didn't do a great deal today but still feel well happy.
I've seen lovely people, done some alright work, listened to some excellent music, cooked and eaten what I must say was a very enjoyable dinner so the day has gone well.

Also found out today that Fortune Drive are playing in Southampton on Saturday night and I'm going to go help out. Should be awesome tbh. I love them =D

Not that much could really upset me right now, for once!
Just be warned, I might randomly shout and hug people lots this week... Just ignore me!
Hehe
xxx

3 comments:

Alfred said...

zomfg thats a lot of labels lol. yay the best sophie is a hyper sophie :)

xxxx
Alfie

Anonymous said...

Haha Poor you waking up next to me! I'm surprised you woke up at all on Saturday cos you still didn't wake up after I'd got up, gone to the bathroom to change and brush my hair, packed everything up, stolen some sweets, read a bit more of the Rownie guide and sat on bed daydreaming for 5 minutes. Orson girly sleepover though hahaha!!

And might I say that's one very long but very good blog. Thou art a blogger extroadinaire! =]

xxx

Sophilosophy said...

=O
KATHERINE ATE SWEETS WHILE I WAS SLEEPING, HOW RUDE?!

I love her though =]

xxx